So 2014.. How was 2014 for everyone? For the single people out there, did you find love? For those in a relationship, did you manage to move another step further or things have gone astray?
Whatever it is, I know most of us are glad that this year is finally coming to an end.
Im not saying that my life has been tragic during the whole year but there has been numerous tragedies happening all over the world; if anything, the tragedies have only increased, rebellions/civil wars/ political conflicts... the list is endless.
Well, I shall not fret upon world matters because this is my own yearly reflection.
Let's see..
January started off quite dull. Nothing much happened. I was in Brunei at that time waiting for my semester to begin in March. Oh! I went to my second rave in March! I attended the Future Music Festival Asia, which lasted for 2 days only, as the 3rd day got cancelled. It was fun, I guess.
To be honest, I really don't remember much about what happened this year.
Significant events only involved a lot of heartbreak and newfound love.
Oh! And I worked for the first time ever as a 'Freelance Model'. ROFLMAO
If you are in Malaysia, you will come to understand the term 'freelance model' very well. It involves a wide job scope which could involve giving out flyers, posing beside products and so forth. For my job scope, I was just supposed to give out flyers and convince people to take picture at our booth and upload it on the facebook page. Lol.
Super sakai right?
Oh! And I also joined my first ever 'Ms. Physique' show! I got 4th place. Twas a super interesting experience. I met a lot of interesting people during the expo and I think my life just spiralled out of control since then (not in a bad way of course)
My best friend moved in with me and my sister moved to Johor with her little family.
If any of you know me well, I've never really lived alone before except the time in Melbourne but it was really truly the first time I was alone. I was glad that my best friend decided to move in with me because what would we do without each other.
In July, my lovely bunch of giggly friends came to visit me in Brunei (minus Shakespeare who ditched).
Im really glad they came because I didn't have to spend my birthday alone. Some of you may not know but the person I was seeing wasn't around and my friends were even more awesome company than I could ever ask for.
Fast forward to August till December, a lot of significant events happened then. The most significant of it all is that I decided to give up on something I held on for so long. I never imagined myself to give it up because I am a 'forever-kind-of-girl'. However, the impending pressure coming from my parents and also, with me finishing my studies soon made come to several conclusions. The first is that I reflected upon how much both of us have changed and I realised how much I have changed and moved on to new ventures but somehow, the person was still lagging behind me. I realised that a lot of times in that particular liaison, I was tolerating. Tolerating behaviour that I despise. What was the point of the whole thing if all I ever did was tolerating? I figured and yes selfishly, made the decision to break off the correspondence. It didn't end quite as smooth as I expected but it was okay.
Okay, i don't really want to be such a downer on this yearly reflection but it was one of the most impactful event that has happened to me in the last few months.
Let's have a momentary break and look at pictures from throughout the year.
Here's a toast to;
Rekindling old friendships,
Maintaining new friendships,
Fulfilling our wanderlusts,
@ Siem Reap, Cambodia
@ Singapore
@ Brighton Beach, Melbourne
@ Kok Lok Si Temple, Penang
@ Foh San Dim Sum, Ipoh
@ Lou Wong Restaurant, Ipoh
Family traditions,
Birthday celebrations,
Random food outings with my favourite kakis,
& Finally, here's to that special person.
I know for sure 2015 will bring in more challenges and difficulties but I'm ready mentally and physically to roundhouse kick the bejesus out of these challenges.
Thank you, 2014 for the memories and experiences. I have learned many hard lessons.

.jpg)















No comments:
Post a Comment