I have never been a girl who's small or petite. I'm always the tall or big one. I never really minded how I looked or how I dressed. but as I grew older and the people around you start to change, you start to realize that you're not the same like them. I started becoming very envious of my friends (sad to say). they were all so thin and always looked good. I felt like an obese cow. I think after high school, I did less sports because college was really difficult especially when you're doing IB. I wasn't used to the long hours in school and tended to eat a lot. I would crave jollibee every other day and forced him to eat with me everyday. eventually, I felt bad for eating like that all the time so when graduation prom was nearing, I joined a gym and attempted to lose weight. I managed to drop a kilo only after three months of constant diet fails. then I graduated and I moved to KL to further my studies. I obviously had my fair share of crazy eating in the first six months then I lost weight because I was insomniac and not really eating properly. I'd eat a huge bowl of cereal and an hour later, I'm out to eat dinner. yeah, things weren't looking that great for me and my waist.
And then, something ended in my life. I guess the sadness brought me to my senses and I became really cautious of my food intake. managed to drop 3 kilos that year. but I gained it back again after three months because I had the whole bells palsy crap going on and eating became a comforting thing. for a period of time, I struggled with binge and purge. ashamed to admit it but I did that when I ate too much and I couldn't contain my guilt.
it stopped when something else happened. life became so much more for me. I realized that what I've been struggling with is not my weight but more of my mental issues. I guess the scale wasn't producing what I wanted to see and my body showed no changes.
I started changing the way I eat beginning of 2011. i became really obsessed with calories count and my food portions became less. also, I started exercising regularly. I tried to be more active in uni. joined kick out and gym during weekends. eventually, the little changes started to happen.
I could see my face getting thinner. okay, at that point I sort of struggled with binge and purge which made me look really sick. so obviously, people, do not binge and purge! it does not
make anything better -.-
im glad to say that I've been eating healthily and exercising a lot. it has been a lot of effort and struggles but what I've learned from all these is that there is no specific diet fad that will help you lose weight. eat the right foods and incorporating weight training into your exercise regime will help. :) my waist has lost 2 inches and my total weight loss from 2011 is 6 kg. it isn't a dramatic thing but I feel a lot better about myself and my weight has managed to be put off since then :D

No comments:
Post a Comment