Wednesday, December 29, 2010

End of 2010

Okay, so every year I always do a post where I recap what I did.

This year has been a turning point for me. I am another step closer to being a young adult. Relationships come and go. This year, life has been pretty dramatic for me but all in all, it's been worth the experience. I now know what I did wrong, what choices I should have made and what my expectations should be.

To sum up my year:
I graduated from ISB :)

I'm proud to say that I'm an official IB graduate!


--------

I celebrated my birthday with my best friend of 6 years for the first time ever.
If you are wondering why all those years she never spent it with me, well it's cause she's always out of the country during my birthday. So I must say spending my 19th birthday with her was really memorable.


-----
I said farewell to Chien one too many times. -_-


-----
Went to YDM camp for the first time ever. I had the most bizarre personal experience.


-----

I had my first open fire picnic trip at Tungku Beach with a few of my friends. We couldn't stamp out the fire on the log and almost caused a wild fire T_T



-----

Went back to Kuching to pay my grandmother's grave a visit. It has been a while since me and my cousins sat around together like that.


-----

Had the most amazing graduation/prom ever :) I loved my make up and hair till today. HAHA.


-----

I started a new life in KL. :) It started off really badly because I couldn't adjust to the hectic life here. Almost every night, I would be awake feeling super tired but unable to fall asleep. I had a bad case of homesickness and it lead to me having insomnia. No, I didn't cry myself to sleep. I just wasn't used to the life here. But friends from Brunei came over to KL for visits and when they were around (even if they were my friends or my sister's), I was really happy to see familiar faces from the town that I grew up in.





-----

I went clubbing! HAHAHAHA. This is memorable to me okay! :P



------
My first trip back to Brunei after living by myself for three months. :D





-----

Christmas eve with uni classmates! :)


-----

In conclusion (wui seh seh, as if i'm writing a report/essay. HAHAHA).

  • I have loved.
  • I have lost.
  • I found out who were my true friends or who wasn't.
  • I made new friends.
  • I lost some.
  • I lost weight (have to mention okay, *hao lian bin*)
  • I gained back the weight I lost. HAHAHAHAHHA (epic)
  • My consumption of green tea has never been greater.

2010, you have been too memorable. I would just like to say thanks for all the bittersweet memories. There were good times and there were bad. The bad times made such an impact on me that I really learned a few lessons from it. :) Thanks to these experiences, I am now wiser and learning how to make better decisions.

To the friends I've not spoken to or rather have not been catching up with, know that I still think you sometimes and I am glad that each and everyone of you has made a little contribution in my life. Every person I have met this year, I hope we won't be strangers in the upcoming year.

To the people I've gotten close to, thank you for always being there for me when I wasn't sure where I was going. Thank you for making me laugh even when all I really want to do is cry. Thank you for those times you accompanied me when I felt lonely. Thank you for being my crying shoulder. Simply, thank you.

To my best friend Sophia, I miss you and let's not forget our deal for 2011. Our jar of 10 cents alright? :D




2011, I welcome you with open arms.
It's going to be a brand new year with new beginnings!

No comments: