Scene: Crowded Bank, Buzz of hushed conversations, blast of cool air-conditioned breeze, synchronized typing of the tellers keyboards, Dinging of the queue numbers and grunting of ATMs spitting money and eating Cash Cards. Small Chinese girl bounces in and takes a number. She looks around and spots Elaine, a tall Chinese girl.
Sophia: HEY Elaine! What a coincidence! What are you doing here?
Elaine: Running errands for my dad, I have to bank in all his monetary transactions. I am carrying so much cash I’m so paranoid that some bugger will come and rob me.
Sophia: (laughs) What –la don’t be silly, it’s BRUNEI! Who in the world is going to rob you?
Elaine: I don’t know its silly! But that’s how I feel; so leave me be.
Sophia: (laughs) You know I love you… So anyway what are you’re plans for lunch? I was going to call you after I finished here anyway.
Elaine: (Looks thoughtful) Lets go eat at Capers, they are still having that all-you-can-eat deal and its just upstairs.
Sophia: Well, but I was thinking of going to Thien-Thien Chicken rice. Brunei’s BEST! You know how much I’ve missed it (pause) and nothing beats New York Pizza man.
Elaine: (Frowns) But I am craving Pizza and Capers HAS good pizza!
Sophia: Well, I had pizza every day in New York! How do you think I packed these pounds? It wasn’t easy you know? It took hard work and perseverance eating pizza after pizza.
Elaine: What la you.
Sophia: I’m not joking, had to have a personal trainer and all! Anyway, so we are going for Chicken rice?
Elaine: (looks annoyed) It’s an all-you-can-eat SOPHIA! How can we resist?
Sophia: ELAINE! All you are going to do is eat like two slices and not even nibble on a plate of pasta!
Elaine: Well, they come in half portions now, so I’m sure I can eat more. Plus if we go for chicken rice all I can do is order one dish. In Capers I can have like ten!
Sophia: (Looks annoyed too) Are you kidding me? You just want to be greedy!
Elaine: No! Come on Sophia, It’s a good deal! Only $12 for an all you can eat Pizza and Pasta.
Sophia: One plate of chicken rice is $3.50! Throw a drink in and it comes up for $4 a person.
Elaine: For only ONE dish!
Sophia: *Smacks forehead*
Elaine: Ok Ok, aren’t you hungry?
Sophia: What kind of question is that? I’m Starving (throws a dirty look at the bank teller) and why is this bloody teller taking so long? What is she doing counting how much she lost in the bloody stock market?
Elaine: Sooooooo, Capers has LOADS of food!
Sophia: Let me list it out for you.1. They take FOREVER to bring the food over and 2. I AM ON A DIET.
Elaine: Well so am I but a cheat day is fine!
Sophia: Seriously?
Elaine: Ok maybe not but SOPHIAAAAAAAAAAA. You’re my best friend! If you won’t eat there with me who will?
Sophia: Stop being whiney!
(Machine Dings: Flashes Elaine’s Number)
Sophia: (mumbles to herself) Stupid Elaine is going to con me, Sheesh I’m already fat all those carbs and all that cheese.
Elaine: (Mumbles to herself as waits for the teller to complete her transaction) What la this girl chicken rice, chicken rice all she wants to eat is chicken rice. Rubs it in my face that she studies in New York. Silly girl.
(Teller processes her transactions)
(Machine Dings a few times and Sophia gets Ding-ed to the counter next to her)
Sophia: (Looks at Elaine after passing her papers to the teller) So, its settled. Chicken rice?
Elaine: Sophia… Do you have brain damage? I have been trying to tell you that we are better off eating at Capers! It saves gas because all we have to do is leave our cars parked and walk upstairs.
Sophia: Chicken rice it is.
Elaine: OI! Listen to me! GOOD PIZZA GOOD AMBIANCE. I want to dine some where with a little more class, you’re stupid chicken rice place is sooooo run down.
Sophia: Hey, don’t diss… we go for the food not to stare at the wallpaper.
Elaine: Come on, I just got my allowance I can afford it NOW.
Sophia: (sighs) FINE, we’ll go for you’re stupid Capers. Please be reminded that I am only going because when you are broke you are going for Chicken rice.
Elaine: (smiles and pats Sophia on the head) Hehe. No problem.
(Elaine is finished with her transaction. Waits for Sophia at the door)
(They walk out together)
Sophia: So… Chicken Rics? (Elaine looks angry)
No comments:
Post a Comment