Thursday, July 1, 2010

My first ever surgical tooth extraction

Trips to dentist never sacred me but this trip just took the cake.

And it's because I was going to have to surgically remove my tooth out.

Not so bad you think? Well, the experience was definitely something new.

This surgery happened two days ago. My mom being a mom took the day off so that she can accompany me to the hospital. I super love my mother. :D

I decided to have Dim Sum as the last big meal that I'm going to have for the next few days.

Wow. I swear, I've never seen so many sharp tools before. For some reason, I was really chillax about everything. The doctor was also very chillax because she was listening to 'Waka Waka' by Shakira. HAHAHAHAHA. I thought it was a strange soundtrack to listen to when she's extracting my tooth out.

(For those who dunno about it, here's the post http://strippedperfection.blogspot.com/2010/06/dentist.html )

The doctor injected anesthetic to make the right side of my mouth numb. It worked because I didn't feel anything while she cut open my gum and drilled the tooth apart to take it out piece by piece. Then she tried to pull the tooth out.. OMG. the damn anesthetic WORE off.

She told me to raise my left hand if it hurts. I lifted it so high that I almost hit the nurse's face. HAHAHA.

Okay, so she injected more anesthetic again. Then she pulled one part of the tooth out. She drilled more and tried pulling the next part out. It was a-okay. Then she reached the roots of the tooth. THE BLOODY ANESTHETIC WORE OFF AGAIN. So I had to raise my left hand and wave it in her face to let it know it hurts like a beech.

So I had another anesthetic injection. Then the last part of the tooth, the anesthetic WORE OFF AGAIN! OMFG. What the hell is this shit! Obviously, another anesthetic injection again!

In total, I had at least 3 ANESTHETIC INJECTION.

The right side of my mouth was super numb for at least 3 hours.

The pharmacy gave me Ibuprofen otherwise known as painkillers. HAHAHA

THEN RIGHT, The pharmacist thought I was KOREAN.
THAT IS THE FIRST TIME EVER I WAS MISTAKEN AS KOREAN. Damn funny because in what freaking way do I look like a Korean? I don't even have small tiny eyes and very fair skin. Geez.

Anyhoo. The anesthetic wore off and the pain was EXCRUCIATING. I almost died. :(

Now my diet consists mainly of porridge, beancurd and mashed potatoes. Sighs. Plus the right side of my mouth is swollen and it's making my mouth tilted to the side. Looks like I had stroke. Ergh.

And you know what sucks? I'm leaving next saturday and I cannot enjoy Brunei food before I leave. Blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

1 comment:

Ken Wooi said...

wow.. surgical is different from the normal extraction? kinda scary.. i thought extractions are already scary enough.. =/