When we grow up, do our parents expect us to support our siblings studies? I always thought I had to because I have no choice. I understood better on why we have to do it. We as the older siblings sometimes have to sacrifice a few things to make our younger siblings happy. My parents are not biased towards any of us so we're all treated equally. We were all caned, scolded and punished evenly. I appreciate all the hardwork my parents put in to put us all in good schools.
Last year I faced a dilemma on what I wanted to study. Then I found it.. I wanted to study Languages in Monash University. Unfortunately, the course is being offered at the Australia Monash University only. I was all hyped up because I thought I could do the course in Aussie. I even thought that I could work to pay for my living expenses. Then I had a long talk with my parents about it. Obviously, my parents would have to work extra hard and tie their stomachs to pay for my education in Aussie. I felt really bad and decided that I'll study in KL first then after 2 years, I'll leave to Australia. You see, I am not so selfish that I would want to force to go to Australia to study. I'm pretty sure there are people who would insist to study overseas even though their parents cannot afford it and may have to go in debt because of it (this is an example from the top of my head ok!).
Isn't that selfish? Why would you force something that you CANNOT afford? It baffles me till this very day on how selfish human beings can be. No matter what university you go to, we are all pursuing to get a degree. What makes you think that your degree is superior to my degree? Just because you studied in UK, US, Australia or wherever, you would normally end up in Brunei first before pursuing your career. I know I'll end up in Brunei again and I'm sure that I'll see familiar faces who were in the same year as me working in Brunei.
P/S: I am not referring to anyone at all. It's an opinion. I do not need yours too. Thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment