Reading Elaine's blog made me think back on my American life... how I have changed. I mean I still have the Malaysian/Bruneian accent which has not evolved to some weird mixture. I say things like, True that.... wadddup... for real. and I swear my English has gone downhill since coming here, which is a really strange thing.
SO, i have become scandalous. Well not really. I'm going through a phase. so I asked my father and mum one dreadful question that I'm pretty sure they were waiting to hear.
S: Hey Dad... What would you say if I liked and wanted to date a black guy
*Pause*
D: UM...(like a senetor giving a speech), I would "prefer" if you didn't... but if you REALLY "have" to... what can I do about it?
S: *LOL*
D: I mean knowing you it will be a passing phase and its not like you are going to marry him or anything.... SO I you're going to dump him any way so I'm FINE.
-LOL-
S: Hey Mum, What would you say If I liked and wanted to date a black guy?
M: ... If you had a choice, I would prefer if you didn't... but if you really like the guy and think he is a good guy then its up to you
[ I think they practised this speech ]
S: Oh... why the weird feelings towards this?
M; *starts this long ass speech about they not being able to commit blah blah blah blah*
:) I gotta love my parents.
No comments:
Post a Comment