Thursday, November 8, 2012

Food choices and Fitness

The decision to go on this healthy lifestyle and opting for healthier food choices has got to be one of the best decisions I've made. I used to be sick all the time. Now, I seldom get flu and even find myself feeling sick when I eat outside food. I eat healthy 80% of the time. About 5-6 meals a day. I'm constantly hungry and fidgety. So I always opt for healthy snacks such as greek yogurt, sunflower seeds, almonds, fruits and peanut butter! Yes! PEANUT BUTTER! You'd be surprise to find peanut butter in this low fat diet I'm venturing into. However, I try not to eliminate all of the good fats out of my diet. I still consume olive oil and even eat avocado. 

Think I've been really into exercising a lot and trying to build a leaner and muscular body. Hahahaha. Sounds weird eh? But I think all the weight lifting has made me so much stronger and toner. 
It conditioned my body and improved my pole dancing sessions too. Hehehe. However, I still have lower belly fat from the lack of cardio. Sprained my ankle from hiking in slippers (lesson learned). So had to quit cardio for about almost two months. But I just constantly lifted weights and did core exercises. Maintained my weight and figure. 

Quite happy with how my body is slimmer now but of course, improvements can be done. Going to join spinning classes when I'm back in Brunei because I couldn't be arsed to run on the treadmills or elliptical machines. My aim is to do pull ups and chin ups. It's easier on the pole for some reason but yeah, it's something I'm working towards. And also, FLEXIBILITY! It is much needed if I want to continue pole and go into Advanced Pole :( Currently in Intermediate but like, I feel that i should be so much more flexible. Three months to achieve a full split and bend my back so far that my feet can touch my head! It sucks that I'm so old already so my muscles are basically all tight and stiff now. T_T

Life has been meh. Brother in law gave me his old laptop in which i fixed earlier this year and now the battery is dead. It can't function without being charged. Currently, sitting for exams now. First semester of my third year in Monash has just ended. Applied for exchange to Melbourne next semester! Still waiting for the offer letter. Really excited to go mainly because of the pole dancing lessons and aerial lessons I can do there. Hahaha.  Honestly, I feel that I've changed so much since high school. Became really self-obsessed. I love constantly challenging my body to see how much I can push it. There are a lot of miss and hits, but I don't regret anything. People condemn how I eat and I swear I tend to become a food snob in which I'm really particular if the food is too fatty or unhealthy. 

Eating out isn't as much fun as before. I still love Chilli Pan Mee, Shabu Shabu, Subway and Chicken Rice though. But like anything else, I just never feel satisfied. I love preparing my own food. Even though sometimes I get so lazy preparing it and I throw random ingredients together and it turns out super weird, I still eat it. I think the main point is to listen to your body and to what it needs. 

I went through an oatmeal stage. I needed to eat oatmeal everyday to the point where when I discovered avocado and chickpeas smashed together and spread on wholemeal bread, I gave up oatmeal altogether. I am now in an avocado phase. Hahahaha. I eat it for breakfast and lunch! It's super terrific. 

A normal day for me would be like this now :
BREAKFAST: Avocados and chickpeas smashed with Bran & Wheatgerm Bread
MID MORNING SNACK: Barley Drink
LUNCH: Same as breakfast except I add in fried egg and tomato
AFTERNOON SNACK: Almonds and wheat crackers
DINNER: Chicken breast and veggies

I'm not so concerned about my weight as much anymore. Finally hit me that weight is not a concern but more of how you look like. Though I weigh pretty much the same, my waist shrunk another inch and hips too. Anyway, enough about my health obsession. Here are some pictures to entertain you:



This is my first try at Scorpion with me trying to pull my leg to my head. Hahaha

This is our routine where we do all this six moves consecutively without going down the pole. it's tough shit because there's a lot of core and strength required.

Scorpion!

Loving my new nike shoes XD Hunted everywhere for this pair. My condo's gym.

Victory pose. My back is kinda scary and I have quite a manly physique now for some damn reason. but I actually like it. Hahahahhahahhaa.

Till next time! :)

No comments: