In 5 weeks, I'll be out of this town and starting a whole new life. Meeting new people and making new friends isn't going to be easy. My dad was just telling me in his very solemn voice that I'm going to move on from one group of friends to another till you grow old where your only friends would be your family.
It sucks having to put on a face and be nice to people all over again. It's not that I'm not friendly but the time taken to build that trust with other people can be very difficult. After high school in St Andrew's, i've stopped talking to a lot of people. One reason being is that I am in a different school and all our schedules are very different. The only people I ever bothered to continue to meet is Wenyie and Chien. Quite odd if you ask me because Chien is in a year below me.
I love those two greatly and they are super awesome. :) Of course, not forgetting the person who has been with me for almost 6 years now.. Sophia. She left to KL after she finished high school but we still kept in contact through long distance phone calls and emails. Then after two years in KL, she left to America. That was the most depressing period of my life. My best friend was so far away but thank god for internet. We skype with each other whenever we can. There is a 12 hour time difference so it's good because when it's late night here, it's day time there so we can always talk.
Everyone needs someone to depend on and to lean on. I found that with those girls, I can be myself and not be judged by them. I don't have to put on a face and act different. It's relaxing when you have close friends. Life feels less complicated.
I also found great comfort in a few people during my time in ISB. I will truly miss everyone when I leave. The excitement to leave home is not as exciting as I thought it would be.
I'm leaving my comfort zone for the first time. I'm taking another step close to an adult's world where finances and status count. Man, this sucks. Let me be like Peter Pan and stay young forever. HAHA. Kidding. :P
No comments:
Post a Comment