Friday, January 9, 2009

HELLO! Sorry I have not been blogging much because I don't have a laptop yet and the school computers are quite lagging because EVERYONE uses it for printing and stuffs because it's free here. So I'm now using my friend's laptop to blog and stuffs and let you guys know how I'm doing :D

Anyway! College here is GREAT! I'm having so much fun!

The first two friends I made here are Cuong, this Vietnamese guy who lives in Prague (Czech Republic) and Yanis, this half-Greek half-Russian guy who lives in Kazakhstan. They're cool people but they can't really speak much English. Despite yet, we're still quite close! We might even be going to Paris on the school trip soon.

On the first day of school, I met a lot of Malaysians. So I hang out with the Malaysian girls here and also the guys. We had two orientation thingy on the first day of school. The morning one is when the principal just spoke to us and stuffs. And then we were separated into our different courses and the programme manager just talked to us about what we wanted to pursue and selected our subjects. I am taking Politics, Economics, Sociology, Math and English Literature.

The afternoon orientation was just about non-academic stuffs like bank accounts, wireless and all that. After that, I went out with the two guys and walked around the city again but it got too cold that we came back. It snowed in Brighton! Everyone was so surprised even those who grew up here because Brighton is a beach town and snow was very rare!

The next day we got our timetables. When I saw my timetable my jaw dropped! Even the person giving it to me was saying how horrible my timetable was. From 9am - 5pm I have classes! With only two twenty-minute breaks and no lunch breaks. Then I realised that they gave me an extra subject, English. And my programme manager told me I didn't need that. So I went to edit my timetable so I now can breathe a little more.

Classes are great! Except for the fact that I have to rush to my classes all the time, my classes are on the ground, first and third floor and sometimes I have to rush from first to third. I don't like taking the lift because it takes way too long. Pfft.
There's so many different nationalities here. I have classmates from Turkey, Russia, Ukraine, Georgia (somewhere near Russia), Lithuania, China, Malaysia, etc. The people here are fun!

My classes are hard! In my Politics class I feel so so dumb because I haven't been reading the papers and I don't really know what's been going on around in the world and stuffs. All my subjects involve a lot of reading and writing. I already have a pile of homework and it's only the 3rd day of classes! I can't do my homework though because I need to do a lot of research and I still haven't gotten my laptop yet. Will get it on Saturday!

Internet here is like SUPER fast! BUT, since we're living in the college halls, they banned us from downloading stuffs. PFFT!

THE FOOD HERE IS SO FATTENING! I seriously think I already gained some weight here and I've only been living here in my halls for like 5 days!

I've been learning a little bit of Russian, although not very nice words. My friend Yanis likes to teach me the "bad words".

The weekend's coming soon! My sister is coming soon! My laptop is coming soon! YAY! A break from college! It's really quite tiring.

Anyway, I think I should go back into my room now and like read my Politics notes or something because I have an essay to write!

Will be online soon :D!

No comments: